The University Technical College Norfolk Governing Body are:
- Ben Milner (Chair) – UEA
- Alex Hayes (Headteacher)
- Roger Bennington – Long Stratton Motor Group
- Nicola Finch – Safe STS Ltd
- Julie Schofield – UEA
- Steve Love
- Kathryn De Ferrer
- Lee Rees – Silverline Office Equipment Limited
- Vacancy – Parent Governor
- Jean Wilcox – Parent Governor
- Claire Oliff – Staff Governor
The Role of Governor
Within England, there are over 300,000 School/Academy Governors, who form the largest volunteer force in the country.
The roles of individual Governors, and subsequently members of a Governing Body, work collectively to perform a strategic role and carry out key functions such as:
- Discuss and set the aims and objectives for the Academy.
- Set the required policies for achieving those aims and objectives.
- Set the required targets for achieving those aims and objectives.
- Monitor and evaluate the progress that the Academy is making towards its set aims and objectives.
Finally the role of role of the Academy Governor is to be a source of challenge and support to the Principal, i.e. a ‘critical friend.’
The Members of the Academy Trust appointed under article 12 of the Articles of Association of the Norfolk UTC.
- Transforming Education in Norfolk – represented by J Fry
- University of East Anglia – represented by B Milner
- Future Marine Services Ltd – represented by Y Mason
- S Guest
- C Maw
- R Proctor
The Governing Body may be contacted by:
Letter – c/o UTCN, Old Hall Road, Norwich, Norfolk, NR4 6FF
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
UTCN Governors Attendance Record, Roles and Appointment Information 2020/21
UTCN Governors Summary of Declaration of Interests