2018 Key Stage 4 (end of Year 11) results
GCSE results have improved for the third consecutive year.
- 100% of our year 11 students went on to higher education or apprenticeships (2017: 100%)
- 47% of pupils got a grade 5 or better in English and Mathematics (Basics) (2017:40%)
- Attainment 8 point score is 46.1 (2017:42.4)
- UTCN Progress 8 Score (time at the UTC) Not yet published
- 4% of pupils were entered for the English Baccalaureate and 2% of pupils achieved a Strong English Baccalaureate (at Grade 5 or higher)
- DfE Progress 8 score (includes three years spent at previous schools) Not yet published
The DfE Progress 8 measure looks at student progress from the end of Year 6 to the end of Year 11. As UTCs only have students for 20 out of the 60 months of this period, we calculate our own Progress 8 Score using nationally recognised GL Assessment Data.
Whist it is no longer a recognised benchmark some schools quote the percentage of pupils getting a grade 4 or better in English and Mathematics 2018:63% (2017: 61%)
The EBacc figure shows the percentage of students in traditional academic subjects including a language and history or geography. The English Baccalaureate does not include technical subjects and so whilst it is available, very few of our students choose to follow it, preferring to study subjects such as Engineering which are more relevant to the 21st century.
A full list of the destinations of last year's Year 11 is available here.
You can see our results and compare them to other schools by clicking on this link: school and college performance tables service.
UTCN is one of the highest performing UTCs in the country. We are delighted to have the 3rd best Basics score nationally and the 6th best Progress 8 score of all 50 open UTCs in 2017 See UTC League Table.