2017 Key Stage 4 (end of Year 11) results
UTCN Progress 8 Score (time at the UTC) +0.15
DfE Progress 8 score (includes three years spent at previous schools) -0.46
The DfE Progress 8 measure looks at student progress from the end of Year 6 to the end of Year 11. As UTCs only have students for 20 out of the 60 months of this period, we calculate our own Progress 8 Score using national recognised GL Assessment Data.
40% of pupils got a grade 5 or better in English and Mathematics (Basics)
62% of pupils got a grade 4 or better in English and Mathematics
Attainment 8 point score is 42.4
18% of pupils were entered in for the English Baccalaureate and 6% of pupils achieved a Strong English Baccalaureate (at Grade 5 or higher)
This shows the percentage of students in traditional academic subjects including a language and history or geography. The English Baccalaureate does not include technical subjects and so whilst it is available, very few of our students choose to follow it, preferring to study subjects such as Engineering which are more relevant to the 21st century.
100% of our Year 11 students progressed to education or took up an apprenticeship
A full list of the destinations of last year's Year 11 is available here.
2017 Key Stage 5 (end of Year 13) results
- The average grade that students achieved in their technical subjects was a Distinction +
- The average grade that students achieved in their A Level subjects was an D-
- The overall A* to C pass rate (including A Level equivalents) was 62%
- The progress students made in their English and Maths GCSE retakes is yet to be calculated by the DfE
- 100% of our students continued to education, training or employment at the end of Year 13
You can see our results and compare them to other schools by clicking on this link: school and college performance tables service.
UTCN is one of the highest performing UTCs in the country. We are delighted to have the 3rd best Basics score nationally and the 6th best Progress 8 score of all 48 open UTCs. See UTC League Table.