UTCN was pleased to welcome Ofsted on May 14 and 15, 2019.
The report, following this visit, grades UTCN 'Good' in every category.
The full report is available on our here and I would encourage all parents and students to read it. It is very positive about virtually all aspects of the school. To give you a flavour:
- Students 'make strong progress across a wide range of subjects'
- 'Pupils are friendly and welcoming.' They 'are well looked after and ... are kept safe'
- 'Very high quality' careers education, information and guidance
- The 'curriculum is a key strength'...reflecting 'local and national needs and opportunities'
- 'Students are very positive about the curricular and extra-curricular opportunities that are available to them'
I would like to thank all parents and students for their contribution to the inspection process. It was a thorough process and we are delighted with this result. Of course, there are areas for us to further develop and I very much see this result as a stepping stone to providing ever greater opportunities for the young people in our care.