UTCN is one of the highest performing UTCs in the country. We are delighted to have the 3rd best Basics score nationally and the 6th best Progress 8 score of all 48 open UTCs. See UTC League Table
- 100% of our Year 11 students progressed to education or took up an apprenticeship
A full list of the destinations of last year's Year 11 is available here.
- Progress 8 score is -0.43
Progress 8 is a score which applies to students' progress for the 57 months of their secondary education from the beginning of Year 7 to the end of Year 11. As UTCs only have students from the beginning of Year 10 for 20 months, UTC Progress 8 scores are not directly comparable with other schools' scores. Indeed, the national average Progress 8 score for UTCs is -0.87.
- 40% of pupils got a grade 5 or better in English and Mathematics (Basics)
Grade 5 is a 'strong pass' and is the new measure of school performance based on the more challenging reformed GCSEs in English and Mathematics. (62% of pupils got a grade 4 or better in English and Mathematics - this is equivalent to the old measure based on C grades which some schools are reporting).
- Attainment 8 point score is 42.36
This is the average GCSE score across 8 subject areas
- 18% of pupils were entered for the English Baccalaureate and 6% of pupils achieved a Strong English Baccalaureate (at Grade 5 or higher in every subject)
This shows the percentage of students in traditional academic subjects including a language and history or geography. The English Baccalaureate does not include technical subjects and so, whilst it is available, very few of our students choose to follow it, preferring to study subjects such as Engineering which are more relevant to the 21st century.