37 hours per week
Term time plus 3 weeks
Starting at £16603 actual
From September 1, 2020
The Engineering Department at UTCN is extremely well resourced: we have fully equipped workshops containing manual lathes/milling machines, 3D printers, laser cutters, Hass CNC machines, welding equipment, virtual welders and an F1 in Schools test track, to list but a small selection. Engineering is the main reason why students come to UTCN and all KS4 students and most KS5 students study engineering. The Engineering Department currently has 6 teaching staff, 1 teaching assistant and 1 technician.
This role is for 37 hours per week on a Term Time plus 3-week basis. The core hours of work will be from 8.15am to 4.15pm (3.45pm on a Friday) with 30-minutes unpaid for lunch: this totals 37 hours per week. There may be some scope to vary these hours slightly.
If you are:
- Familiar with an engineering environment
- Educated to Level 3 (A Level, NVQ III) or above with high standards of literacy and numeracy
- Organised, a team player and optimistic
- Proficient in IT
- Willing to work hard
- Determined to ensure that UTCN is the top provider of its type in the country
Please see below for more details and the support staff application form.
Part Time Receptionist (Vacancy on hold)
Thursday 8am – 4pm and Friday 8am – 3.30pm
Fixed term until December 2020 in the first instance
Actual Salary £5,697 - £6,080
To start April 2020
We are looking for a receptionist to run our very busy reception area. This role will involve liaising with students, staff and parents in person and via the telephone.
UTC Norfolk is a 14-19 school with a fantastic 21st century learning space and a burning ambition: to develop tomorrow’s engineering and technology specialists. To do this, we aim to ensure that our students have the skills, qualifications and experience to go to university or to take-up skilled employment. Now in our fifth year, we have done just that: 100% of our class of 2019 are now studying at top universities, are employed, or are working in well paid apprenticeships. Prospects for our 2020 cohort look even better! UTCN was graded ‘Good’ across all areas by OFSTED in May 2019.
- an efficient office professional
- are well organised and are able to prioritise
- are an excellent communicator with a strong customer focus
- have a capacity for hard work
- are determined to ensure that UTCN is the top provider of its type in the country
Please see below for more details.