The Role of Governor
Within England, there are over 300,000 School/Academy Governors, who form the largest volunteer force in the country.
The roles of individual Governors, and subsequently members of a Governing Body, work collectively to perform a strategic role and carry out key functions such as:
- Discuss and set the aims and objectives for the Academy.
- Set the required policies for achieving those aims and objectives.
- Set the required targets for achieving those aims and objectives.
- Monitor and evaluate the progress that the Academy is making towards its set aims and objectives.
Finally the role of role of the Academy Governor is to be a source of challenge and support to the Principal, i.e. a 'critical friend.'
The members of the University Technical College Norfolk Governing Body are:
- Ben Milner (Chair)
- Alex Hayes (Principal)
- Richard Hill
- Nicola Finch
- Julie Schofield
- Jerry White
- Peter van der Horst
- Claire Smithson
- Chris Porter
- StJohn Richardson
- Gee Cook
- Claire Kerrison
- Roger Bennington
The Members of the Academy Trust appointed under article 12 of the Articles of Association of the Norfolk UTC.
- Transforming Education in Norfolk - represented by J Fry
- University of East Anglia - represented by B Milner
- Future Marine Services Ltd - represented by Y Mason
- S Guest
- C Maw
- J McAtear
The Governing Body may be contacted by:
Letter – c/o TEN Group Governance Office, Thetford Building, City College Norwich,
Ipswich Road,Norwich,NR2 2LJ
Email – email@example.com
Telephone - 01603 773381 (TEN Group Governance Office)