The University Technical College Norfolk Governing Body are:
- Ben Milner (Chair) - UEA
- Alex Hayes (Principal)
- Roger Bennington - Long Stratton Motor Group
- Nicola Finch - Safe STS Ltd
- Claire Kerrison - Parent Governor
- Chris Porter - Parent Governor
- Julie Schofield - UEA
- Claire Smithson - Parent Governor
- Peter van der Horst - KLM
- Steve Love
- Kathryn De Ferrer
The Role of Governor
Within England, there are over 300,000 School/Academy Governors, who form the largest volunteer force in the country.
The roles of individual Governors, and subsequently members of a Governing Body, work collectively to perform a strategic role and carry out key functions such as:
- Discuss and set the aims and objectives for the Academy.
- Set the required policies for achieving those aims and objectives.
- Set the required targets for achieving those aims and objectives.
- Monitor and evaluate the progress that the Academy is making towards its set aims and objectives.
Finally the role of role of the Academy Governor is to be a source of challenge and support to the Principal, i.e. a 'critical friend.'
The Members of the Academy Trust appointed under article 12 of the Articles of Association of the Norfolk UTC.
- Transforming Education in Norfolk - represented by J Fry
- University of East Anglia - represented by B Milner
- Future Marine Services Ltd - represented by Y Mason
- S Guest
- C Maw
- R Proctor
The Governing Body may be contacted by:
Letter – c/o TEN Group Governance Office, Thetford Building, City College Norwich,
Ipswich Road,Norwich,NR2 2LJ
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone - 01603 773381 (TEN Group Governance Office)